ASPC Minutes: 5/11/2013
Meeting called to order:
Meeting called to order by president Ben Kellogg @ 9:12 PM.
Minutes were read and accepted.
Tim Weigle read the report.
Pop & Beer Report:
There was no Henry….. Again. So, no report….. Again!!
1. Tuffet: Rick said he had the stuff to patch the tuffet, but it was still
too cold for it to work properly.
2. Fuel: The furnace fuel tank now has 100 Gal. of fuel.
3. DVD Player: Henry’s X-rated experience is over, so, it is back.
4. Candy Machine is gone
5. Blacktop grindings for approaches. Still being looked into, several options
6. Pea Gravel: Ben said there still needs to be weeding done, but it is in better
7. Lights: new bulbs were put in, but we need to get the circuits more organized,
so we know which switch is which.
8. Smoke Detectors: They were installed by Kay, with the assistance of Paul.
1. Rick Kuhns: Our new pilot, Jacob Andersen, got initiated today. Rick did
the initiation. We flew round and round and up and down, Jimmy and Paul were
giddy in the background. It was a shame there was no video.
2. Chris Egress inquired about getting an Automatic External Defibulator. This
was discussed in the past, but may be a good item to have. Chris thought it
was a good idea. Chris will let others look into it, since he is just an “idea”
man. Chris is following in the footsteps of, his mentor, Paul Waschak
3. Building a Swoop Pond was mentioned, since Dan Coughlin wants a swoop area.
The club kicked around the idea of buying Dan a shovel to get started, but thinks
he needs to mow an area of grass where he thinks it would be best placed, first.
4. Ben Kellogg, wanted to recognize Dave Norris; for being so brave and manly,
a real Man’s, Man, by insisting on taking the deaf, dumb and blind guy
on a tandem and living to tell about it. “Bitchen Bill” West has
some pretty big shoes to fill.
5. BBQ: Kay Kuhn reminded us that, the BBQ is just around the corner, already.
We need to start planning. Ben Kellogg said he would be in charge of fire and
Ice. What we really need to do, however, is get a caterer booked ASAP. Kay Kuhns
also motioned to send out flyers in the mail, seconded by everyone. So it passed.
It was also decided NOT to get a DJ this year. Paul Waschak said we might want
to think about buying new speakers, as the old ones are…. Well….
OLD!! Ron Sarazen is a good guy to be in charge of this, since he is so technical.
Shawn Meyer is in charge of the jump meet, he does it so well. The BBQ will
be Saturday, August 17th.
6. Rick Kuhns wanted everyone to know, that the packing table is becoming less
packed with “SHIT!” so if you want something make sure you take
it cuz it is getting pitched. Kay said the old TV will be going to the shelter.
Chris Egress disagreed with that and says, that the TV is now the GO PRO TV,
and to leave it alone.
7. Paul Waschak suggested we could get a new furnace filter to replace the 20
year old one it has now. He also suggested that we take the light down from
in front of the TV in the club room and put it to use in the packing area, since
it’s new and disconnected.
8. Paul Waschak also stated that we need to replace the broken glass in the
garage door windows.
Rick & Kay Kuhns
New Members: N/A
Jump Drawing: N/A
Adjournment Motion: Robb Schere
Second by: Rick Kuhns
The ASPC Minutes that are reflected on this site are not the "official"
minutes taken by the ASPC Secretary. For "official" minutes of each
meeting please see the club Secretary.